- Using AirFlick
- AirFlick needs VLC installed
- AirFlick also needs mediastreamsegmenter component that is not exists in Lion.
- Find mediastreamsegmenter in Snow Leopard /usr/bin/ and places it the same place. (Super Admin Required)
- Finally we almost there but non-Apple TV codec is also need something to transcode its.
- Yes, we need Air Video Server do that. Download, Setup and relaunch AirFlick to refresh video list.
Irony: Air Video Server can work without mediastreamsegmenter but AirFlick request it if we want to streaming non-Apple TV Stuff without any transcoding.
Conclusion, We need all these.
AirFlick : AirPlay App to Streaming to Apple TV. Need VLC and mediastreamsegmenter (in case using Lion) to work together.
Air Video Server : (Normally from Mac to iPad) Transcode any video codec to Apple TV format but no external control such as navigation and subtile, only video content.